Creating a WordPress Business Card Website: 10 Easy Steps
Do you want to create your own business card website? Building a website can be a daunting thought, especially if you’re not tech-savvy. Don’t worry, you are not alone. We’ve helped over 1,000+ people build a WordPress website and decided to create the most complete step-by-step guide on how to make a website without learning the code.
What is the difference between a business card website and a landing page
A landing page is a one-page website that mainly promotes a product or service. A business card site is a multi-page site where each page has its own theme. Contains more information about the company, its activities, and history of creation. The main focus is on building reputation and brand awareness.
Features of creating a business card website:
- With a well-thought-out structure;
- Use corporate colors, logo, bright slogans that will be understandable and remembered by the user;
- Show the benefits of working with the company, its partners, and large clients;
- Successful service cases and product reviews;
- A detailed description of the product, its characteristics, high-quality photos;
- There should not be many calls to action, as a rule, a call is an offer to get advice or an offer to call
- Back from a company manager.
Why make a business card website on WordPress
WordPress is a CMS (Content Management System) loved all over the world. According to statistics, 54% of all sites on the network are made on this platform. You can find many podcasts on how to make a website on this CMS. We will just dwell on why it is better to choose WordPress:
- Easy control panel, intuitive, which allows you to easily add pages, change content, make edits.
- The existence of a powerful library of templates and plugins. Many of them are free or shareware themes. Plugins help extend the functionality of the site.
- WordPress is free, open-source, and comes with thousands of ready-made website designs and extensions. It is extremely flexible and works with almost all third-party tools and services available to site owners.
- Excellent responsiveness due to the fact that most of the templates presented is already adapted. You have the opportunity to view directly on your computer how the site will look on a particular device.
- Thanks to the well-known Yoast plugin, you can configure SEO parameters for search engine optimization of your site. This plugin will help you customize the snippet, prescribe meta tags, Alt tags for images, and the correct keywords.
How to make a website business card step by step
This guide is useful for users of all skill levels. Before we start building a website, let’s take a look at the frequently asked questions.
What do I need to create a business card website?
To create a WordPress site, you need the following three things:
- A domain name is the name of the site, for example, wptheme.us.
- WordPress hosting is where website files are stored.
- 45 minutes of undivided attention.
How much will a WordPress site cost?
- The price depends on what kind of site you want to create. A typical business website can cost anywhere from $ 50 to $ 3,000.
- We recommend starting simple and free, and then adding functionality to your site as your business grows. This will save your budget and minimize potential costs.
- In this review, we’ll show you how to create a business card website for less than $ 50 and in 10 steps. And we’ll tell you how to make it more perfect by adding additional functions to it in the future.
If WordPress is free, where do the costs come from? You will have domain and hosting costs, and that costs money. What is the best CMS for creating a business card website? There are dozens of free engines out there, but WordPress is by far the most ideal website for a business card site. We ourselves use WordPress to build all of our websites, including this one, WPTheme.us. Below you will find a step-by-step guide on how to create a business card website. It is broken down into ten easy steps. Follow the instructions and you will soon have a professional business card website.
1 # Domain name and business mail
A domain name is the address of a website on the Internet. It is it that users will type in the browser to get to the business card site (for example, wptheme.us or google.com).
In many domains it is possible to choose an email address that uses the website address, for example, email@example.com Agree that corporate email is more trustworthy than a personal address on public domains like @gmail or @yandex.
The domain is purchased through a registrar. There are many registrars, both local and global: GoDaddy, reg.ru, imena.ua. Usually, a domain is purchased for a year. Be sure to check your domain history. It must be clean, otherwise, there is a chance to fall under the sanctions of search engines.
2 # What your business card website will offer
An Internet presence is very beneficial for a company. But do you know what the goals are for your company? Differentiate or die: Analyze your competitors and offer potential customers a unique service or service.
The next step is planning what the website will include. Start with structure! Think about which pages will be static and which sections will be dynamic. Bring information about a service or service to the top level.
Do you need a company news section? Do you need an e-commerce option to make sales? Do you need a contact form, messenger, or contacts in the header? Make a list of the functionality and capabilities that you need.
3 # Brand name
Think about the logo first. Lucky for you, there are many free online logo maker services on the internet. And if you know Photoshop or other graphic editors, then you are even more fortunate.
The second step is to choose a color for all the elements of the site. See what colors are included in the logo and try to use the same color scheme for the palette of elements on the site. The choice of color is a whole science. Each niche has its own colors. For example, the most popular color on medical websites is blue. This color inspires confidence the most.
Bright colors are inherent in entertainment themes. Warm colors are suitable for niches related to family and home. If you cannot decide on the color on your own, then look at the resources of competitors.
4 # How will you create a business card website
You can create a business card website on your own thanks to WordPress, but if you want to save your time, it is better to hire a developer.
If your coding knowledge boils down to basic HTML and CSS, you can create your business card site using the WordPress page builder. Page builders allow you to customize most of it without having to write complex codes yourself. For example, there is also a free popular Elementor constructor with great functionality and capabilities.
5 # Where the business card site will be located
All websites need hosting for storing files. This will be the home for a business card site on the Internet.
First, you need to decide where your potential customers live. Hosting should be located as close to the client as possible for the site to load quickly. If your clients live in Russia, then you need to take Russian hosting, for example, beget.ru or reg.ru. If in Ukraine, then choose the Ukrainian hoster hostenko.com or hostiq.ua.
Before choosing a hosting, especially an international one, check independent reviews. First of all, pay attention to server uptime and Russian-speaking support.
6 # Business card site appearance
Thanks to the functionality of WordPress, the appearance is easy and quick to change. It is enough to choose a suitable ready-made template in the colors of your company and install it. Be sure to pay attention to the mobile version of the template. More precisely, start your selection by browsing templates on mobile. And only then see how it will look on a PC.
7 # What content to add to your site
Be sure to add only unique content to the site. Do not copy it from competitors under any circumstances. Search engines really don’t like copy-paste and the site can get a blocking penalty. Ideally, write the content yourself because you are a pro in your field. Then give it to the proofreader for checking.
8 # Business card website in the index of search engines
Building a website is half the battle. Now the whole world needs to know about him. And here Google and Yandex search engines can help.
Developing a solid search engine optimization (SEO) strategy is vital. By following an SEO strategy, you will help potential customers find your site through online searches, which in turn can improve sales conversions and increase brand awareness.
There are two ways to increase search traffic: paid and organic. The paid search involves an advertising budget to increase search engine results when someone types a word or phrase. Organic search is based on publishing content using good SEO techniques.
Long-tail keyword research is an effective way to optimize your results organically. For example, a shoe company, like thousands of other companies, might want to rank first for “shoes”. Given the popularity of the keyword “shoes”, you will have to spend a lot of money to rank first for this particular query.
Your best bet would be to target long keywords like “women’s white sneakers 2022”. The keyword “shoes” will get more searches, but consumers who type in “women’s white sneakers 2022” are much more likely to make a purchase. If your search engine strategy includes paying for Google Ads, then paying for long keywords may be cheaper than for the keyword “shoes”.
Once you’ve planned out your keywords, you can also plan how they relate to each other. A URL map (also known as keyword matching) can help:
- Visitors on their journey through the site
- Encourage visitors to study materials
- Help search engines determine the usefulness of information, pages, and posts
- Help you develop new content and promotion opportunities.
Maps can help determine which other pages to link to, as well as the keywords you use on different pages.
9 #Can a business card site scale?
Now that your SEO strategy has been laid out, you need to make sure the website is able to support the implementation needs.
WordPress plugins are like applications that you can use to add new features and functionality to your site. Plugins need regular updates to get new features and keep your business card site secure.
The first step is to install an SEO plugin to help support SEO by:
- Content optimization
- Giving more control over the breadcrumbs (the navigation paths that appear at the top
- Parts of the page and help search engines understand the structure
- Allows you to set SEO meta information for pages and archives.
10 # How to optimize your website business card
All this hard work of getting customers to a site can be negated if it doesn’t perform well. Users are often willing to take just a few seconds of their time before leaving a web page. Here are just a few of the checks you can make to keep your website running smoothly:
- Check the size and number of images so that users don’t have to wait long for the page to load
- Install protection against hacks and malware that can slow down the resource
- Ask if the host can add an SSL certificate to help protect users if using reverse forms and collecting personal information
- Identify WordPress plugins tested to monitor or improve website performance
- Avoid a lot of unnecessary plugins that negatively affect loading times
- Find out how visitors with accessibility needs use your site and make it more user-friendly for them.
If you have no experience in web development, you can turn to a professional web developer who can help you optimize the performance of your website.
Why is it better to entrust the creation of a business card website to professionals
Despite the relative ease of creating a business card website on WordPress, it is still easier to trust professionals. If only because you will save personal time that will be spent on mastering the platform and money. After all, professionals will follow the beaten path of creating an effective business card website:
- Study of competitors’ websites and their products;
- Drawing of the site structure (Site Map), user interaction (User Flow); study of the target audience (target audience);
- Highlighting the semantic core and writing unique content in accordance with all the rules of SEO optimization;
- Creation of a brand book, if it does not exist: logo, corporate colors, slogans, fonts. Domain registration. All of these affect brand awareness and build a brand reputation;
- Creation of quality content and thoughtful design. It’s no secret that this requires certain knowledge and experience;
- SEO – site optimization is a must if you want to attract organic traffic and rank correctly by search robots.
By following the introductory 10 steps, you can draw the attention of new audiences and customers to your business. Using WordPress, after creating a business card site, you can add additional features and content to expand your online presence. Get started today by downloading WordPress and enjoy building your new business card website.