Learn 6 must haves for ecommerce content search engine optimization ! The competition between online stores is constantly intensifying. The threshold to open a store has been reduced and, therefore, the number of online stores has grown dramatically. Many merchants see a lot of effort and perfect their online store for months.
The problems usually start when the store has been running for a month and it is stated that nobody buys anything here and when you look at it you realize that there are not even visitors in the online store.
Without visitors, there is no trade.
Where, then, would those visitors come from? Of the search engines at least, according to research, 99% of Finns use Google and 88% of people start searching for a product/service on Google.
Wondering how you do it yourself? Personally, I Google something every day to find out more information or find an online store that sells that product.
There are two ways to get traffic from Google:
This document now focuses on a very crucial topic in search engine optimization for e-commerce, doing this right is 100% sure that your ecommerce traffic will increase.
Let’s go over 6 things that must be necessary for your e-commerce to get more free visibility on search engines. The more products you have in your store, the longer it will take you to complete those steps. It takes at least days, often even months, but if you are serious about your online store, it will definitely pay for itself.
1. Text content of product pages
While Google is a great program and constantly evolving, it still doesn’t understand images very well; For your product page to appear in search results, it must contain text. Google understands and values the text. Product images are important and should be on the product page, of course they will increase the number of sales.
However, view your product pages without images. “If you don’t see the images, do you understand exactly what is being sold on the product page?” About Google concludes the content of a product page, if the page does not contain any text about the product, Google will not be able to raise the page in search results because its content is vague.
2. Do not copy product descriptions directly from the manufacturer/importer’s website
It’s tempting to simply copy the same content that the manufacturer/importer will provide you directly into the product description of their online store. However, there are two problems here:
- The words the product manufacturer uses in the description are often not the words people use to search for the product in search engines. To do this, you need to edit the description to include keywords from your keyword research.
- Copied content is dangerous because it is not unique. If you copy the manufacturer’s text, it will surely be found on other websites as well. Remember that the text on your product page must be unique.
3. Write a unique text that interests your customers
Also, if you decide to use “price comparison” sites, make sure you submit content that is different from what your own product pages have, otherwise you will get a competitor for your own products, with the same keywords in the search results. . In the worst case, the rankings on your own online store pages will drop.
4. Always enter ten lines of text in the product description
When writing product descriptions, Enter at least 5-10 lines of text that Google understands the page content has added value and provides accurate product information.
Most of our first-time customers have only a few words of text on the product page, which is not enough to get high search results. When we urge you to write more, there will always be the same explanations “there is no time”, “what to say about this chair now, it is a chair”.
Remember that you are an online retailer and by using the same phrases as face-to-face sales, you can already comfortably stay ahead of your competitors.
- Start your sentence by adding the product to a context: “This kitchen chair looks great…” “This summer dress is great…”
- Position your product: “Due to its solid wood material, this kitchen chair is one of the most durable on the market.”
- Add a brand name: “Finnish design and high-quality manufacturing materials make this Marimekko bag.”
- Use short sentences and easy-to-read language to make the text quick to read and understand.
5. Use precise and unique titles for your products
The title, in effect, the name of the product. Never name the product “bed”, but rather “Blow light oak bed 180×200”. Often the product name also appears in the page title tag and is therefore the most important element of the entire product page for search engine optimization. As I mentioned earlier, Google doesn’t see images, so write such a great title for your product that Google already knows what the product on the page is about.
Note! The page title tag can be up to 70 characters long, including punctuation.
6. Also link the brand to your site.
If you sell quality branded products, you will surely create brand pages on your online store (this is how your store will benefit from brand reputation). When you mention that brand on your product page in the product description, be sure to include a link to the brand’s internal page on your site. This creates a network of internal links for your site, effectively transferring Google’s link juice within your site.
In order for product pages to appear at the top of Google, they must contain as much unique customer-facing text as possible that includes the keywords found in your keyword research.