Google Analytics collects data to help you improve your marketing. However, surveys show that up to 80% of companies misuse it.
Used correctly, Google Analytics can make a big difference in your website traffic. The intention is not to make big changes all at once, but to look at the right things and make small improvements all the time.
Let’s review the blog post on how you can increase your site traffic based on data.
How do you increase traffic to your site with GA?
Google Analytics collects a lot of data from your site, but data collection alone is not enough. It is important to find the right information and act accordingly.
Here’s how to increase your organic traffic from Google:
1. Search engine optimization
Even if it ranks high in Google search results, the search result itself should also entice people to click. Only after one click will your site transmit the information you provide.
- Combine Google Analytics with Google Webmaster Tools.
- Use Google Analytics Search Engine Optimization reports to see:
- keyword rankings
- Click rates
- Find out which keywords have the most impressions.
- Here’s how to improve your click-through rates for these keywords:
- Keep your page title tags to around 55 characters.
- The length of the meta description should be approximately 156 characters.
- Be sure to provide the right information for your search phrase so the applicant can find what they are looking for.
- Always think first of the benefits for the visitor. Describe the benefits of your product or service for the user.
Target the following clickthrough rates:
- Positions 1-4, CTR of 20% or more.
- Positions 5-6, CTR 8% or more.
- Rating 7-10, CTR 3% or more.
2. Landing Page Optimization
Once your site is already on the Google home page, you can get a lot more traffic with little effort.
Find the top ten most relevant keywords in the “Search Engine Optimization Queries” report. Find out which page of your site is in the Google search results for that search term. You can find out by doing a Google search.
Make sure the following 5 things are in order on the search results page:
- The search phrase can be found in the alt tag of the page image. (However, the tag should describe the image, if there is no image, add one)
- You can also add an image to your image’s title tag.
- Make sure the search phrase is in the page title and description.
- Use search phrases in your link on the site as anchor text.
- If you’re getting traffic for a search phrase that you don’t have decent content for, create unique content that creates value for it.
3. Content optimization and content strategy
The content is what the search engines transmit. The more you know what kind of content your customers want to read, the more visitors you will get to your website. An easy way to get more traffic is to find out what kind of content your visitors like and generate more on your blog.
Check out the “Behavior” -> “Site Content” -> “All Pages” report to see the most popular content you generate.
- Discover the content that generates the most traffic on your site.
- Based on this, create a content plan that targets content that will attract visitors to your site.
- Create “supporting content” around your main content, enticing visitors to read more on the same topic and spend more time on your site and reduce “instant bounce rate”.
We reviewed three reports to help you make immediate changes to your site based on the data. There is no need to guess things, but changes in digital marketing can be easily justified with information.
Collect data, analyze, make changes, measure the effects of changes and start again. As you continually improve the little things on your site, its impact on your traffic will be crucial.